05 April 2006

The school calls. Again.

Today at lunchtime we got another call from the school nurse saying Ashlyn had gotten hurt. Some people might freak out at this, but I was mostly calm about the whole thing. I mean, the school practically has us on speed dial, so it's no big deal really. It turns out Ashlyn was at after-lunch recess and hit her head on a bar. When I said "mostly calm" before I mean I was "mostly calm" until I heard she hit her head on some type of bar, but then I was "totally calm" after being assured by the school personnel that the bar in question was in fact stationary and not being swung by another stupid 1st grader. So she had a "small bump" but "her pupils were equal and reactive" and she was given and ice pack and sent back to class.

When I picked her up this afternoon the bump had receeded and all was well. I asked her to explain what happened and she said she was playing and jumped and hit her head on part of the monkey bars (someone please explain to me when they will stop putting these silly things on playgrounds where one teacher cannot possible watch 20 kids. honestly, get them some buckets and sand for crying out loud). I decided to take the high road and not point out that she was a moron, but Haley did it for me, which is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. Owen also had something to say "Ash, ouch, hahaha!"

I have to admit I am extremely proud of the fact that I am raising my children to be supportive of each other.

No comments: