18 April 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

Today I am 32 years old.

Strangely I cannot think of anything else to write about regarding me. This is the first birthday in two years that has included Scott, because for the past two he was in Afghanistan. As far as presents go, I did not get the money tree I asked for, but I did get some other really nice stuff.

I share a birthday with Carol. There has never been an April 18th in 32 years where I have not talked to her or seen her. Today will be the first one. Carol died 164 days ago. Not a day went by that I didn't think about how much I would miss talking to her today. If life was fair, I would have been able to share 30 more birthdays with her. But life is not fair, we lose some of the best people we have ever known, some of the best we ever will know. She is now free from pain and sickness and we are left to soldier on.

Happy Birthday Carol. I love you. I miss you.

No comments: