07 August 2007

Lady, where's the food?

Today Skylar sat at the kitchen table in her bumbo. I don't know why, since we have a perfectly good high chair, but it was something Ashyn wanted to try and she didn't cry so we didn't mess with it.

She's awful cute, but my goodness, her ears! This is something she gets directly from me. It's the reason I have all this hair, you see, to cover up my ears. So we will grow Skylar's hair to cover hers, but right now she'll just have to suffer through, much like I did when I was her age. You can sort of see mine in this picture where I am in some sort of metal apparatus prepping for my many many many future trips to the O.B. office. They can be seen better here, where my hair is long enough to cover them, however I am wearing pigtails which stick out further than my ears, cleverly drawing the eye away from them (good call mama!).

Back to today though, she was super proud of herself for being at the table, though when she noticed there was no food on it she got a little loud. And she was cute sitting there, really cute and smiley, until I tried to take the picture, when she decided that if I was standing there fooling with a camera I certainly had time to get her some food and right after I snapped it she began to cry. Because we never feed her and she's starving. All 17.5 pounds of her 6 1/2 month old self. Starving. What a shame!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love readin all your blog posts! hilarious! especially the one about wal-mart. damn, that was funny, girl!