22 March 2006

Ebay, how I love thee

Scott has a truck. We got it in Arizona right before we moved. This truck is his pride and joy. So far we have added a Rhino Liner for a whopping $410 (Merry Christmas!), and XM radio, which Grandma got him for Christmas (the service is 14.01 every month). Now he needs the windows tinted and he wanted some nerf bars for the sides.

I was going to do it for his birthday but to get them done in town would have been extremely expensive, so I gave up on that idea. I also looked into ordering them on the internet and having Scott and Joe put them on. It turns out they are hugely expensive online also. At this site they are 399.99. Here they are 393.95. And here they are on sale for 301.90. I could go on and on, but I really want people to actually finish reading this post, so I'll stop.

Then, as I was perusing ebay (as I am wont to do-Amber-HA!), I found that lo and behold they sell nerf bars. I cannot believe I actually used a link for ebay. If you people don't know where to find that there is something seriously wrong with you. Anyway, I was able to get the exact nerf bars Scott wanted for 175.00 and free shipping! BAM! Props to Jennifer!! Saturday Joe, Amber and Arden are coming over to eat and Joe and Scott are going to put them on the truck. And, to thank Joe for his hard work, we are happily going to take an extra computer they have lying around their house off their hands and set it up for the computer hogs (aka Ashlyn and Haley). It seems their house is a little cluttered, and you know, anything I can do to help.

I will post pictures of the truck with the nerf bars attached this weekend hopefully. I will not be including audio, as I'm reasonably sure there will be swearing on some level, and if it's all the way up to Army level it won't be pretty. Also, Owen will be on hand to help out and generally lose the screws and bolts which could result in lost tempers so there will be no video...we don't want the authorities to have any concrete evidence. Brian, I know you're busy with the new house and all, but please start working on our defense...

No comments: