16 May 2006

Ashlyn's field trip

Today I chaperoned Ashlyn's field trip to Mr. Gatti's. This was really just a ruse to get me into the game room so I could waste money on the stupid Gold Coast game, where you drop the token and try to knock off the other tokens and earn tickets, which I am addicted to. While they were there, the class made pizzas. It was supposed to be fun and also educational, but the only thing I saw that the kids might have learned about was how to follow a recipe. I'm not completely sure, but I don't think being able to follow a recipe is a mandatory requirement for passing the 1st grade, but again I'm not really that familiar with the Texas school system. They did briefly touch on fractions, and by "briefly" I mean they spent about as much time on them as I spent entertaining the thought of having another child.

It turned out to be a fun trip for the kids, and I was able to sink 50 tokens into that one stupid game and get 267 tickets-SCORE!

Mrs. Owens is Ashlyn's teacher. LOVE HER! She helped the kids make the pizzas. There was only one incident with a child eating the sausage out of the bowl, only one pizza got sneezed on, and the fire alarm was only set off one time, but of course that was just an accident and the fire department did not show up, they only called.













































No comments: