19 May 2006

Preschool graduation

Today Haley had preschool graduation. I was not aware that there was a ceremony for this, but obviously I was the only one, as none of the other parents were the least bit surprised when this was announced...or maybe they just hid it well. There were parents everywhere, taking picture after picture and tearing up. I have to admit I was tearing up as well, because as I was sitting there I realized that next year Haley will go to school ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. I realized that the girls would both be gone. And it was at that moment that I was overcome with such happiness and peace that I wanted to just cry.

Then I remembered about Owen. Me and Owen. Together. Alone. ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. And I started to tear up for an altogether different reason.
















3 comments:

Becky said...

Love it...every girl in the front row is wearing flip-flops!

Jennifer said...

That's because we're in Texas. It's hot as hell here. Even the ever-present breeze is hot. When you are outside it feels like a heater is blowing in your face full blast.

Becky said...

I remember that from the one summer I spent there. It was supposed to be record highs that year...and it did hover at 115 degrees for a few days there. Even the neighborhood pool was sweltering. One time I walked down a sidewalk--not blacktop, a sidewalk--barefoot at 6:30 in the evening and ended up with blisters burned onto my feet. I couldn't believe it. I didn't get a great tan that year because I spent all my time indoors!