03 May 2006

Change of Command

This morning we had Scott's Change of Command ceremony to attend. Everything went very well. Scott has achieved a lot while in the army, but nothing so far compares to this. Well, maybe the Bronze Star he got comes close, but I still don't know exactly what he did to get that so I'm not counting it. Anyway, when they said Cpt. Scott Starr, Alpha Company, 344th MI BN, Commanding...I mean, that was probably the proudest moment of my life. During his speech, Scott also turned and told me Happy Anniversary and that he loved me. So now his whole company probably thinks he's a whipped sap.

During the ceremony, Scott's mother and I got flowers and the kids got gifts. This was taken before Owen was deemed "Acting badly enough to be taken out and made to stand behind the pavillion with Amber and Arden."















This is where they pass the guidon from Cpt. Kane to Col. Degnan to Scott. This is the most ceremonious part of the whole thing.





























Here is A Co's 1st Sgt (1st Sgt Jones) saluting Scott in front of the company for the first time.






























3 comments:

Becky said...

That is really great...congrats to Scott. And happy anniversary!

Tim_Finholm said...

Yay Scott!
- Tim

Tim_Finholm said...

Yay Scott!
- Tim