29 March 2006

Aaron comes to visit

Today we were outside digging in the mud looking for caterpillars (don't ask, it's a Haley thing) and Aaron rode up on his bicycle. He is in Ashlyn's class at school.

At first it didn't really hit me that a boy was over playing with Ashlyn. I don't know why, but it just didn't. They went into Ashlyn's room and he looked around for a second and made a sound like "eh" and then looked into Owen's room and yelled "Wow! Who's room is this?" Two seconds later Owen's room was effectively demolished.

I was washing clothes so I was walking into the den and I heard Aaron say "Ashlyn, do you want to wrestle?" At this point I thought Oh, hell no, and turned around to go back and kick him out of the house. When I got there, Ashlyn had Aaron down on the ground on his face, she had her knee in his back, and his arm was twisted behind him. He was saying Ouch! No! Ouch! and at that point Ashlyn said "Ouch? What do you mean ouch? You're a boy! You're supposed to be tough!".

So I left the room with a smile on my face and no more worries...for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girls Rule!!!

I just started taking kickboxing (the exercise not the actual fighting) and I can't wait until Jim pisses me off so I can give him an uppercut. Tell Ashlyn to keep up the good work!!