03 March 2006

My 200th Post

Congratulations to everyone who keeps up with our family via this blog, as you all have made it to post #200! Woo hoo! In honor of this blessed event, I thought I would spread some joy across the miles to each and every one of you by sharing some news: Every one of my kids is sick. I don't mean they have runny noses and coughs. I mean Sick with a capital S.

Ashlyn has bronchitis. I mentioned in an earlier post that she was susceptible to that. Haley has strep throat. When we got to the doctor's office today her temperature was 104.7. I had tried repeatedly to give her tylenol but she would throw it back up at me. She ended up having blood drawn twice, once from each arm, and she got a shot in the thigh of straight penicillin (which rates right up there with the experience of watching a doctor put stitches in her forehead). Owen has bronchitis, he has ear infections in both ears, and the doctor said she could hear wheezing in his chest so he has officially been put on two puffs of albuterol every 4 to 6 hours. He has a cute little spacer with a bear on it and he is quite dramatic with his breaths. We all laugh and encourage him and he will puff away without any problem.

We got so much medicine from the pharmacy today that I had to make a spreadsheet to keep up with who gets what and how much and when. And Scott leaves Monday for a whole week. YAY! Do you ever feel like you are at the end of the plank and instead of being scared you just want to do the best freaking swan dive that anyone ever saw? Well, look mom-NO SPLASH!

On a positive note, my southwest chicken in the crockpot thing was excellent and if anyone wants the recipe drop me an email-except for Pops, who of course will not try new things without a lot of griping and who also avoids chicken like the plague...FYI yes, I'm still bitter about the chicken and broccoli ring fiasco and the asian salad ordeal and the fish comment. Apparently Pops recognizes a good thing only if it has beef strapped to it.

So that's all the excitement I have to share in this post #200. I have put several links in the second paragraph for your extended reading enjoyment/education. It's a little more time consuming, yes, but my kids are all passed out on drugs so I have a little free time tonight.

Owen was so shocked when we gave him his laundry list of ailments that his hair turned almost white and stood up. But that is nothing compared to the number of heads we turned in the clinic when we came away from the pharmacy counter with an honest-to-gosh brown grocery bag filled to the top instead of the usual small brown lunch bag size.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Every day I look for that plank to jump off of! I am so so SO sorry for you right now, I really am. When I feel like crap next week, I will think of you and feel better

Thompson Family said...

Hey - I'm so sorry your kids are sick!! Why does that always happen when the dad goes away? I will never understand that. I hope your week flies by and they all get better very soon.

On another note, I want that recipe - email it to me please! :-)

The Cromer Family said...

WOW! God Bless You! You are in my prayers. I hope everyone gets better. The worst happens when no one is near to help out.

I do want that recipe if you can email it to me. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Some things are not fit to eat