27 March 2006

Toy Recall

I am issuing a mandatory recall on all small beads in my house. These beads are multiplying at a frightening rate all over the place. There are many reasons why I am recalling these (choking, etc.) but there are two main ones. (Thankfully, Owen does not try to eat the beads, and I really don't like the cats anyway, so we can rule out the choking reason...)

#1: For the second time in the last few days we had to unhook the printer from the computer and turn it upside down to shake crap out of it. Of course, the first time it was a cocoa puff, but that is moot because this time it was a bead. The whole bead-in-the-printer thing turned out to be a huge pain because it didn't come out as easily as the cocoa puff.

#2: MAIN REASON: I am now pushing around a vacuum cleaner that cost me roughly $550 and put a serious dent in my lasik fund. I am sick and tired of cruising right along and hearing the unmistakable sound of the vacuum sucking up a plastic bead. Ashlyn and Haley being able to string beads onto a piece of yarn and make me tacky/gaudy necklaces that I HAVE TO WEAR is not worth losing my beloved pride and joy. Really, they can just draw me pictures. Really.

So, in closing, I would like to make it VERY CLEAR that if anyone sends us anything that contains beads, it will never see the light of day in my house. If you see some cute crafty thing that involves beads, do not waste your money, the girls will never, ever get it. Instead, send money. HA!

p.s.-the same thing goes for paint...

2 comments:

Becky said...

$550...$800...what's the diff when you're talking about about a vacuum cleaner!!!! :)

Brian Bojo said...

Oops! I think we sent beads for Ashlyn's birthday. We won't do it again. :)