28 March 2006

Owen helps himself

Today after we got back from picking Ashyn up from school the kids settled in the den to watch the Disney Channel. I was back in Owen's room cleaning because I foolishly cling to the hope that one day a child will actually walk in and see me cleaning up toys and all of a sudden it will hit them like a ton of bricks that they are actually supposed to pick up their stuff when they are finished playing. I feel confident this will happen right after they have kids of their own.

Anyway, Owen can open the refrigerator by himself. Words cannot express how much of a pain this is for me. I guess he decided he needed a snack while he was watching tv. Please understand that no other person in the den noticed that Owen got some chocolate pudding. No one saw when he ripped the top off. And of course no one saw when he began to smear it all over his face and shirt. The reason I know no one saw anything is because Haley told me she didn't know "how in heaven" any of it happened and Ashlyn readily agreed with her.

So this is what I get for trying to clean up the house and vacuum.
I have begun researching military preschools. Let me know if you've heard of any.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Hey Jennifer you need to look at my blog.. Maybe this will help...